Have you ever imagined putting potential carcinogens on your face? If you’re using many big name skincare products, that exactly what you’re doing. Not only are there many hazardous ingredients in that expensive jar or tube but some of them are also used in floor cleaners and engine de-greasers. Ugh! Sounds pretty harsh on your skin, don’t you think?
The best skincare products use healthy nutrients and ingredients found in nature.
- Compare ingredients like FD&C Colour Pigments and CoEnzyme Q10.
- The best skincare products have active ingredients, not fillers like mineral oil or petroleum products. These ingredients can suffocate new cell growth including collagen.
- The best skincare ingredients shouldn’t interfere with one another. Just like you don’t want to mix certain drugs due to possible complications, some ingredients shouldn’t be mixed either.
- The best skincare products won’t become rancid before you finish the jar or lose effectiveness when exposed to air. They’ll have a reasonable shelf life.
- Fragrance-free–fragance is a synthetic component to skincare products. Many people are allergic to fragance.
- The best skincare enhances a healthy diet. No amount of skincare products in the world can counteract a steady diet of fast food.
- Quality ingredients shouldn’t irritate skin with known allergens or clog pores.
FD& C Color Pigments (often listed as FD & C #) are in tons of products and are made of coal tar. They leave toxins on the skin and lab studies show them to be likely carcinogens. Compare that scariness to natural ingredients like Coenzyme Q10, a powerful anti-oxidant or a calcium rich extract of sea kelp. Which would you rather use?
Active ingredients stimulate cell renewal. Functional keratin is an active ingredient that can stimulate the regrowth of collagen and elastin. This keeps your skin smooth and supple.
Common ingredients like lanolin can be very irritating to the skin and harbor insecticides from the sheep’s wool. Sodium Laureth Sulfate can cause eye and skin irritation plus it’s being monitored for cancer causing properties.
Skin irritants, allergens, years and years of build up of possible cancer causing chemicals–these are the ingredients that comprise many skincare lines. Wouldn’t you rather use something that helps your skin to de-toxify and naturally renews your cells?
Make no mistake about it, the best skincare offers far more value for your money–it enhances your appearance and your health.